Scaffcalc vs Scaffmax: A Comprehensive Comparison of Scaffolding Software Solutions
In the scaffolding industry, having a reliable and efficient design tool is essential for successful project execution. In this blog post, we will compare two popular scaffolding software solutions: Scaffcalc and Scaffmax. While we hold a favorable view of Scaffcalc, we will also provide a fair and friendly analysis of Scaffmax, to help you make an informed decision.
Introducing Scaffcalc: The User-Friendly Scaffolding Design Platform
Scaffcalc is a cutting-edge, user-friendly scaffolding calculation and design tool that simplifies the design process. Its intuitive 3D interface allows users to easily create scaffolding designs, export essential engineering data, and generate necessary documentation for successful projects. With Scaffcalc, you can effortlessly upload blueprints and add transportation platforms, stair towers, and loading bays with a single click.
As the fastest-growing design tool in the market, Scaffcalc consistently adds new features to enhance user experience. The software also supports temporary roof system calculations, streamlining the design process even further.
- Exceptionally easy to use, requiring no prior training
- Comprehensive engineering capabilities, including standard load capacity, wind load capacity, and anchoring data
- Web-based platform – no downloads required
- Stellar customer support and continuous development from a dedicated Swedish startup
- Recently secured funding for further improvements and acceleration
- Primarily designed for facade scaffoldings and temporary roof systems, not suitable for offshore and industrial scaffoldings (although a solution is in the pipeline)
Layher, HAKI, Pluseight, and Solideq (with more coming soon)
Exploring Scaffmax: The SketchUp Pro Plug-In
Scaffmax is a scaffolding plug-in designed for SketchUp Pro. If you're familiar with SketchUp, Scaffmax could be the right solution for you. Users can easily draw objects, and the software will automatically generate scaffolding around them. Scaffmax also offers a unique feature that allows for complex objects with tilted ground and leveled floors.
- Seamless integration with SketchUp Pro for users familiar with the platform
- Ability to upload blueprints and build scaffolding on top of them
- Capability to create inclined surfaces beneath scaffolding
- Offers a free trial to test the software
- Lacks engineering capabilities found in other scaffolding software
- Requires SketchUp Pro, which might be an additional cost for some users
- Pay-per-system model can become expensive when working with multiple systems
Altrad, Assco, Hünnebeck, Layher, Plettac, Rux, Scafom, and PERI
Ease of use
Very user-friendly, no training required
Requires familiarity with SketchUp Pro
Comprehensive: standard load capacity, wind load capacity, anchoring data
Lacks engineering capabilities
Web-based, no downloads required
SketchUp Pro plug-in
Customer support & development
Exceptional support and continuous development
Temporary roof system support
Layher, HAKI, Pluseight, Solideq (more coming soon)
Altrad, Assco, Hünnebeck, Layher, Plettac, Rux, Scafom, PERI
Pay-per-system model; requires SketchUp Pro
Free demo available
Free trial available
This table provides a concise comparison of the features and benefits of Scaffcalc and Scaffmax. By reviewing the information above, you can make an informed decision on the right scaffolding software for your needs.
Conclusion: Choose the Right Scaffolding Software for Your Needs
Both Scaffcalc and Scaffmax offer unique features and benefits for scaffolding design. While Scaffcalc provides an all-in-one, user-friendly solution with comprehensive engineering capabilities, Scaffmax caters to users familiar with SketchUp Pro and focuses on scaffolding design without engineering features. Ultimately, the choice between these two software solutions depends on your specific needs and preferences.
We encourage you to consider trying Scaffcalc to save hours of manual labor and enjoy a seamless scaffolding design experience. For more information and a free demo of Scaffcalc, please contact our team by clicking the call-to-action button below:
Whichever software you choose, we wish you success in your scaffolding projects and endeavours!